Saturday, January 26, 2008

an introduction

So I admit...I really don't know much about blogging. But here's the deal. I want a way to keep track of the progress on my up-and-coming EP: both to have an organized account for myself, as well as to inform whoever wants to stay updated on what's going on. So I thought a blog would be a pretty good way to do this. I'm excited!

Because I didn't start blogging at the very beginning, let me recap what has happened so far...

I was trying to decide what I wanted to do for my 16th birthday. I had some ideas including taking some friends to some other state for a weekend, having a huge party with everyone I know and a band or something, etc. But then I dared to dream...what if I skipped the parties and...drumroll...recorded an EP?! It would be the perfect present! I knew it would be expensive and I probably wouldn't even be 16 anymore by the time it was released, but I think big. So I talked it over with my mom and she said "probably," which means "yes, even though I don't want to ACTUALLY say yes." Now I've come to learn that you should never expect a project like this to work out the way you first expect because it almost never does. So who knows what will end up happening? But anyway... I've talked about it with Monty's producer, Brad Booker (http://bookermusic.com/), and I signed on to it for sure. The actual recording is scheduled for Spring Break this year. Ask me if you want to know more details.

So right now I'm in the editing process...just going over my songs with the best songwriters I know and clarifying lyrics, getting input, etc. I'm already learning a lot and I'm sure that by the end of this, I'll know more than I had ever imagined I could.

No comments: